Followers


Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

sometimes I have ah-ha moment..

So this is going to be a little confessional time:)
I am obsessed with bags. I have been since I can remember. I remember when I would get a new purse or especially when my grandmother bought me the red Liz Claiborne bag that I drooled over for over a year. I was about 11. When I would get a new handbag, I would hang them on my door knob and just stare at them. Seriously, obsessed.
I haven't changed too much except now with twin girls it is usually so much more fun to buy for them instead of anything for me. Except that occasional must have, drool over, dream about, can't stop looking at bag.
Just the other day I was thinking about the Kardashians. I know what you are thinking, but stay with me:)
I saw somewhere where Kim has a Hermes in every single color.  For those of you who don't know, Hermes is a brand that carries mainly verrrry high end accessories. The Berkin bag they sell can be anywhere from $14,000 to much higher--if you can even find them.  I began to think so very negative about her and in my mind call her selfish and materialistic.I began thinking how many people she could feed with just one of those bags.
Not an hour later I was at work and I got in the elevator with a lady holding a gorgeous, mind altering LV. I was so insanely jealous.
It was standing there that I had my ah-ha moment.
Here I am. Drooling over and trying to think how  I could save and get my own. Wait??? Wasn't  I was just thinking what a self-centered heifer someone else was for doing the same?  The truth is, Kim doesn't even need a budget. I also realized that their was another lady in the elevator who was probably looking at me and my Coach the same way I was looking at KK for her Hermes.
Compared to salaries, I should be carrying about a $10 special compared to Kim. I could feed the needy on the extra, right?

Living in the world we can so often be of the world. This is something I battle daily.
Whether it be Kim K and her collection of Hermes or my small collection of baby LV's and Coach, its all worldly.
Trying to surrender my worldliness while living in this world is tough!
I remember a good friend in college always said "I can live in this world but I don't have to be OF this world." That my friends is the truth. That is what I am going to tell myself every single day!! Especially those days I end up in an elevator next to something that makes me drool:)

No comments: